Wednesday, 12 March 2008
PROVERBS, for a change
Found this cloth today while cleaning our closet.It was a piece that we brought from Dubai and has been with us since then.Dont know actually where to hang and do with it, so i just put it aside since then.
1) Money lover has no lover. Money despiser has no despiser
2) Dont intermediate between a wolf and a lamb,the wolf knows you´ll kill him while the lambs knows that you´ll eat him.
3) An egg to a hungry man gets a loud "Thank you" than a chicken to a well to do man.
4) If you lend him, you lose.If you dont,you lose him.
5) Words are hornets.Deeds are bees
6) The colour is yellow as gold,but the metal is imitation,from the outside merely decoration,from the inside deterioration
7) A nation without knowledge is a ship in the middle of the ocean overcrowded with people who know not navigation
8) Cloudy sky does not mean that the sun is not there.
9) Dont build boats in a town with no harbour,dont light candles in blind people´s parlours.
10) Benevolence is not so noble,motivation is.
11) The word "I wish" married the word "I hope",their offsprings were "If" and "May be"
12) No matter how much you repeat that you have a bull,the fool will insist that you should milk it
13) Your head is your house,furnish it
14) To a fool,good advise is a comb to a bald man
15) Deep water fish care nothing about surface gales; so is the wise,when foolish voices rise.
16) Since the head of the family is a drummer,why blame his family for moving on rythm.
17) What can be done at night is scandal by daylight standards.
18) Why blame the wolf for eating lambs;Dont you?
19)Date fruits go to waste on top of a high slippery palm tree.so is the miser´s money
20) Ants are not aware of human civilization,unbelievers are human ants.
So,what do you think about these proverbs?